Firebird Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Firebird Studio

Purchased from: Long Mcquade

Very nice cleans. Neck pickup has a little bite, bridge has more. Sounds great distorted (to me anyway). Great rock/metal/anything other that pop and emo guitar! I curently use an MT-2, DD-6 and PH-3 for effects pedals, and I'm getting another amp, all the amps I tried it through to this point have made this guitar sing. Wide variety of sounds (from clean jazz, to death metal).

Playing general rock, this guitar is great. Everything about it I love! If I lost it, or it was stolen, I'd be crushed. I'd definatly go out and find another one ASAP! Having compared this directly next to an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus, I can say this thing sings. It sounded far superior to the Epiphone in every way. It even sounded better than the Gibson Les Paul Standard I tried later that day! Now if only it had the Virato of the VII.

This guitar is great. Easily can play live, and everything sounds in top shape. Should definatly last. I'd only use a backup in case a string broke (which would be my own fault). Definatly will last a long time.

This guitar was set up just fine from the factory, though I'd rather them put .12 strings on it instead of the .10. Everything was set up correctly though, no buzzing whatsoever. Pickup selector was a little tight, but not a big issue. The frets are a little higher than my Les Paul, but again, not an issue. Everything else is great.