Flying V review by Gibson

Gibson: Flying V

Purchased from: Airport Music

Without an amp the Flying V has a smooth almost jazzy sound, but with an amp you can rock on it as hard as you want. Since I like rock and heavy metal it suits my needs fine even better than I expected. The guitar can do many effects it can slide, bend, hammer on, and pull off just as well as a $3000 Ibanez. I used a large performance amp along with a wah wah pedal and got as good results as I could have asked for.

I play rock music so in my genre this guitar is very popular so I think it is a good match soundwise and lookwise. I have been playing for three years and have three guitars (this one is my prized possession) I have two practice amps 1 performance amp a wah wah pedal along with a floor switch. I wish I had asked if they had another finish but the red because it doesn't go with any of my performance clothes. If it was lost I would not buy thos guitar over again because I've always wanted an Ibanez and 500 is a lot for a guitar with a loose control. I love it's smooth sound and it's ability to Switch from that to hard rock and that's probably my favorite feature too. I hate that the guy sold me one with a loose volume control. I did in the store compare it too a Kramer something but I chose the Flying V after I played them both. There is only one thing I wish it had and that is a whammy bar!

I'm pretty sure this guitar will be able to rock for a couple of gigs maybe it's not give it to your grandchildren sturdy, but sturdy enough to last for a while. Maybe after a while it would start to wear down a little bit, but I think it would still play the same enen if the back got dented, a peg loosened etc. All of the strap pins are ok for now.

The guitar I'd say was made for quanity not quality. I bought the thing Brand New and it had a noisy pick up sector and a loose control for the volume. The overall look is nice the classic red (even though it does get old). The shape that people could kill over, and it's head that I think is it's best quality.

My Gibson Flying V is a new 2007 with a metallic red finish, the man Who sold it to me said it was made in america so I'll take his word on that. It has 21 frets a normal sized neck with a triangular shaped head. It's body is shaped like an upside down V (thus the name). On it are 2 tone controls along with a volume. It has active active electronics and came with only a gig bag.