Flying V review by Gibson

• Reviewer's score: 2.2 Junky
Gibson: Flying V

Purchased from: Guitar Cetnter

Well I can't complain hear. For the money you pay for it you get a preaty good sounding guitar in the Vee. I pluged it into my jsx and it sounded prety good. The notes were clear and the attack was good. This is the best sounding Gibby I've ever played. If they made Les Pauls at this price and they sounded this good they might be a ok guitar. Now on to the problems. Their are dead notes on the higher strings at the 12th 14th 17th and 21st fret on the b and e strings. This is a major problem for a metal guitar player like my self.

I'm in a thrash metal band and this guitar sounded ok but my B.C. Rich, Jackson KV2, and Ibanez still sound and play better. I had this guitar for 20 days and took it back. For a grand I could get a Jackson RR24 and have a better built and better sounding guitar with a ebony fretbord and a floyd rose. The Name on the Headstock means nothing to me so don't flame my review with he dosnt know what he's talking about Gibson is Teh best. NO THEY ARE NOT. The old saying of you get what you pay for is thrown out the window when it comes of Gibson guitars.

I don't think I would use this guitar live ever. Just like the Les Paul Custom I owend breifly the finish was to delicat and the headstock was still angeled wrong. The hardware seemed better built on this one but for 1k I could get better. The v shape is awesome to play sitting down so no problem their I just wish the fretbord and finish was better

Gibson should not say they do a factory set up. It dosent matter anyway because the frets are unlevel and if you lower the action any you get major fret buzz and more dead notes than before. The finish was ebony but it had runs in the clear coat and for 1k that is unacctpabal. The untune o matic Bridge (lol I'm so clever) wasn't level and I could not get it to intoneate. Gibson needs to get its quailty control issues straghtend out or they will go down the crapper.

This is a 2007 model and has the same major problems that in the features that every Gibson has. THEY OFFER NONE. The olny diffrence between Gibsons is the color. They don't offer Ebony fretbords or Locking trems. You have no choice of what you get on your guitars. You get a Rosewood bord and a tune o matic bridge. How boring.