Flying V review by Gibson

Gibson: Flying V

Purchased from: Craigslist

It suits Thrash really well, but it can be used for any genre. It's a really versatile guitar with great tone and flexibility. I currently run it into an Orange Micro Terror and a Marshall 4x12, and it's got great hard rock tone. The only downfall is that the bridge pickup is a little too HOT for cleans; your headroom is limited.

I'm primarily a thrash/hard rock guy, so this guitar fits my mold perfectly. I've been playing for a little over a year and I also own a couple cheap pedals, my Marshall, and my Orange head. I'd absolutely buy it again if stolen. I love the look, tone, and overall feel of it. It just sounds very full and thick. I hate nothing about it, really. I'd highly suggest it to anyone looking for a good mid-range level guitar.

This guitar seems very well put together and I would absolutely play without a backup. I replaced the strap buttons with strap locks, but the holes were clean and worked well. Everything seems very sturdy, and I'm not concerned with longevity with this one.

Everything was in great shape. The only flaws were cosmetic, and that was because it is a used guitar. Everything else is great.

2005 US-made ax 22 frets, smooth rosewood fretboard, nice frets All Mahogany, with ebony finish Gibson 496R and 500T pups - nice and HOT