Les Paul '70s Tribute review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul '70s Tribute

Price paid: € 899

Purchased from: Piens

The sound is deep and warm, it's just amazing. When you hold this guitar and you play a random chord you'll hear the '70s. You can play all kinds of music with it but it's the best for rock I think. And especially rock from the seventies. This guitar is perfect for Led Zeppelin, The Who or even Guns N' Roses. Even funk and rock 'n' roll will sound great. You can adjust everything to your liking with the tone controls. It's great when you use it clean, that is just A-MA-ZING! But some songs require overdrive, so you can use an overdrive pedal. You'll lose a little bit of the warmth of the sound. The Dirty Fingers are great, it won't get very noisy.

I love Jimmy Page, Slash, Pete Townshend etc. So this guitar is perfect for me. The seventies rule. I play for about 3 years now. My former guitars weren't very good, but with my Gibson everything changed. It's like my skills keep growing because of this guitar. If it'll be stolen I would be very depressed because I love this guitar. I'm never gonna sell it. It has just a beautiful sound, compared to other guitars this is warmer. The neck pick-up can produce such beautiful sounds, I just love it. I'm happy I bought it, especially because it's actually pretty cheap.

YouTube preview picture

This guitar is extremely reliable and durable! I haven't known any other guitar be this reliable of durable. This solid guitar is is kinda heavy and my guitar strap broke once, my guitar fell on the ground but doesn't even got a scratch! The hardware and strap buttons are very strong and seems like they will outlive me, they hold on tight! I play the guitar for about 2 hours a day but that's not a problem for this beauty, it hasn't changed sound or beautiness, it stays as nice as I bought him. The most durable guitar I ever had.

Actually, everything was great except one thing. Pick-up's perfectly adjusted, bridge was right adjusted, it had not even a little scratch. But, I wanted to play but only 3 strings were tuned right, but that's not a disaster. The disaster was the B-string, I just couldn't tune it, after about 2 minutes it broke. I don't know what the problem was. Wrong string? Damaged string? I don't know. But the rest was perfect, everything was adjusted very well. After all, that string was not that bad, I guess I just was unlucky.

This guitar is actually a cheap version of the Les Pauls we all know. It sounds like a Les Paul and looks like a Les Paul, but it's cheaper than the average Les Paul. Gibson made this in 2013 because it's the year of the Les Paul. They made a guitar that brings back the '70s style. It has a classic tonewood combination of a mahogany body with solid carved maple top. This gives you a "deep" sound, a warm sound actually. The mahogany back is strategically weight relieved to both lighten your load and improve resonance. It is topped with a genuine rosewood fingerboard that carries 22 medium-jumbo frets and Traditional trapezoid inlays. On the headstock is written in gold: Gibson Les Paul Model. The Les Paul '70s Tribute takes its firepower from a pair of Gibson's mighty Dirty Fingers humbucking pickups, a legendary component of '70s firepower, and among the two hottest pickups that Gibson has ever designed. These scorching humbuckers include powerful ceramic magnets and over-wound coils for a sizzling, sustainful sound that nevertheless remains clear and articulate. It has everything a Les Paul needs, bridge and neck pick-up, 2 tone controls, 2 volume controls, single cut-away. The guitar comes with a gig bag, it's not the best one ever but it's better than nothing. This is a great guitar, I surely recommend it for intermediate players with low budget.

MrJens
    The robo tuners are cool but not necessary i think. It's cool when you have it but wouldn't spend so much money for it. This guitar is cheap (For a Gibson) and sounds great. For this price you can't complain about the tuners i think.
    FaceTomorrow
    Shouldnt this guitar have mini humbuckers instead of Dirty Fingers?
    FaceTomorrow
    I guess not, just played one in store. beautiful guitar, sounds great for what its for.
    M3AK
    The studio 70's tribute has mini humbuckers. This is just called the 70's tribute.
    M3AK
    The guitar in the video and the guitar reviewed aren't the same guitar. The guitar in the video is the studio 70's tribute.
    Harleyrider73
    I believe you can buy it with the tuners for extra 400 bucks. I was looking at the 2013 Les Paul with etune in the wine color. I love how this guitar sounds it's better than my KKV with EMG active X pick ups over a Marshall MA 100
    shreddguitarist
    I wonder if English was the reviewers fifth language of something because this is a terribly written review....
    MrJens
    Actually it's my fourth language. I know it's not perfect but it's better than no english at all