Les Paul Classic review by Gibson

• Reviewer's score: 5.2 Decent
Gibson: Les Paul Classic

Suits my style which is metal, rock, hard rock, blues... Use Marshall JCM900 and DigiTech GNX3 for wah wah I play mostly straight thru the Marshall with little or no effects. Guitar is kinda muffled sounding, it's a good dirty sound rhythmn guitar, no variety should have a coil splitter!!! Great for blues!Average sound, not much difference than a cheaper model les paul as fas as sound goes.

I've been playing 33 years, have a Jackson USA made custom, Parker Night Fly, Fernandes Strat, PRS McCarty, and a Charvette acoustic/electric. I've traded the Les paul guitar back into the same store. It just got to where I never played it mainly because it was too heavy. One time I got a bruise on my thigh from playing too long sitting down! It really made my shoulders and neck, and upper back sore. I don't miss that guitar. The feature of the PRS besides the weight and sound that is needed on all les pauls is a coil splitter. It's like having a Strat and les paul sound in the same guitar. For a clean sound or rockabilly its mandatory. A les paul is trendy now, supposively there's something wrong if I still like using a Floyd Rose Tremelo in a solo (yes, I like to play guitar solos too!). I think some of the 3000 models, like Zakk Wylde model, don't sound that much different and are basically a waste of money. Its just an overrated guitar thats popular today... Lets have some variety! Design something new Gibson! Or, at least improve it, and lastly I think the stupidest thing is the 'aged' look/what is that about? You can now 'pose' with your Vintage guitar thats a FAKE Vintage???

Too heavy to play live more than one song, would not take to gigs. Dependable? I'd never play it that long to know, its to heavy to rest on your thigh! Hardware seems good, solidly made.

Frets buzzed high register. Kept going sharp. Noisy electronics.

These guitars are 'trendy' so go buy a Mesa Boogie Rectifier, tune your guitar 2 steps down and you can be like everyone else. And 5 years from now no one will touch a Les Paul. Personally, I hate them, they are ridiculously heavy (I owned a Black Beauty). I prefer my McCarty Paul Reed Smith which was just a few hundred more. The Les Pauls I've seen have paint drips and flaws on their finish brand new! The pickups? My pickups in PRS sound better, less hum, more sustain. Also I own a extremely light guitar/a Parker Night Fly and it has sustain for days! So why does a les Paul neck have to be so uncomfortable? You have to twist your hand to play upper registers!Besides who wants a orange guitar with cream pickguards? Sorry I'd buy a cheap Ibanez before a Les Paul.