Les Paul Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Sound Control

I play alot of metal mainly, but I always have time for the blues and some of the more light-hearted styles. All I can really say is that this guitar is extremely flexible andsounds good whether I'm fingerpicking along to stairway, or bashing out the scooped tones of pantera. It's all good. Another thing that hits you straight away is the really warm sound you can get through the bridge pickup and how amazingly long the guitar holds notes for.

I havent exactly been playing for a long time, but im pretty happy with how far I've come. I also own an Ibanez K7 and Fender Mexican Strat and if I'm perfectly honest, it blows them both away and still has time to play a pentatonic lick on itself. Thats how much I love this guitar.

Yet another strength of the Les Paul is its reliability. You can pretty much smack it around (not that I reccomend this) and it'll still play and sound as sweet as ever. Unlike my Strat which I pretty much have to readjust everytime I pick it up. I'd certainly gig this guitar with confidence.

When I bought this guitar it had been set up by some of the workers at the store, so I can't reallysay too much about that side of things. There we absolutely no flaws on this guitar, the neck attatched perfectly and firmly, the finish as radiant and comforting like nothing before. Absolutely gorgeous.

- 22 frets - Two humbuckers Not a huge amount of features, but it's the quality, not the quantity.