Les Paul Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Classic

Purchased from: Kosmic Sound and Lighting

The guitar was made to suit a seventies rock tone, much like that of Jimmy Page and Slash. The bridge pickup in particular screams the notes when plugged through my Boss DS-1, and when using both pickups the clean or dirty tone is gorgeous. With an almost natural reverb sound coming from the pickups it makes an extremely high class tone for rock music.

I've been playing for roughly six years and I doubt that I will find anything with such great tone and sustain. The basic structure is the same as your Gibson Les Paul Standard, but with the pickups having higher output and tone, the overall result is amazing. Would definetly reccomend it to anyone who asked.

As it is one of the nicest guitars I have ever experienced I would definetly use it as my main guitar. I have an Ibanez backup by there is no way I would use it unless absolutely necessary. With the strap buttons, I needed to buy strap locks for it to sit on my neck without falling. Mainly due to the weight, however it is a pain to have to buy seperate locks.

22 frets, two gold tophat volume, two gold tophat tone, gold hardware, 496R (neck), 500T (bridge) pickups, ebony gloss finish with cream outline and pick guard. Finish is very elegant overall. Comes with a moulded case, soft inside, and protective satin cover for the guitar.