Les Paul Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Classic

I play almost everything that requires a guitar. With a Line 6 PODXT Live mixer and a Fender amp, I could play from classical stuff, jamming with violins and cellos, to jumping around on stage, playing pop rock, punk rock, hard rock, metal (and the list goes on). The guitar is just superb for all of it. Fire it up and you can play stuff like that just like the real bands. Then turn everything down and it becomes a perfect sound for jazz, blues, country and all acoustic stuff.

As I've said before, I play everything, and this guitar can play everything for me. The Les Paul is a masterpiece. Every part of it is as delicate as artwork, but as tough as steel. I bought a Les Paul Classic in Ebony finish, the ebony combines well with the gold pickguard and body binding. The colour shows a certain degree of superiority and elegance over other styles. I'm still quite young and my dad, who also plays guitar, bought me this Les Paul, if it were stolen or lost, don't think my dad would buy it for me again, but it's so good I'd be willing to save up pocket money to buy it again. Once you've got your hands on one of these guitars, it will blow every other axe you have away. Once I bought it, I totally forgot the existence of the Fernandes Strat I also have. Lastly, you don't have to play like Slash or Kirk to own a Les Paul, hey, I've only been playing for 3 years. Since I bought this last year, my technique and speed improved a lot. Now I can play lots of really hard stuff. So Les Paul may not only be for the good players, it's a worthwhile investment for others to be good players too.

Some say this guitar is way too heavy for long period of live playing. I think otherwise. It's admittedly quite heavy when you first wear it on, but then gradually as you play on, the burden gets lighter and lighter as you settle with it. I have already taken it to quite a number of gigs, each lasting for a few hours. I almost play it everyday and the hardware has never had a flaw, personally think it will outlive me. It is true that the strap buttons for Les Pauls are too small, so it's really recommended that you guys buy straplocks, for safety, trust me, this isn't a guitar you want to drop. I am normally very serious about safety, but I'm sure I wouldn't need to backup this guitar.

The guitar was well made, Gibson will be Gibson. Some say the neck of this Les Paul is hard to play on, I say it's even easier to play for me. I can play much faster on this neck than on my other Fernandes Strat neck. The body was well finished and everything was flawless.

Well most of the features of this guitar can be found in previous reviews, so I'm not gonna waste time typing it out all over again.