Les Paul Classic Antique review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Classic Antique

Purchased from: Trevor Durrants Guitars

Output from the humbuckers is loud and great classic rock sound. The difference between neck and bridge is noticeable, which is not always as striking on some guitars, smooth neck pickup for blues and classic rock sounds, with more attack at the neck pickup. Sustain is natural and superb.

Superb guitar, is the electric that other wish to emulate, but to my ears have yet to better. Les Pauls come in various guises, but this for me gives me all I need. It has the range to play blues, rock and pop with ease. Easy to play neck, great action and tone of a screaming angel when driven, all make for the go to guitar for me. I always want to have a LP and this one fits nicely. Others cost more, but not sure they sound any better than this.

These are made to last and I have not had any reason to doubt its ability to outlast me. This model comes without a pick guard, so if you are strumming hard on the power chords you will mark the top if you use a thick pick like me (Dunlop Jazz III). This is superficial scratching, but if you want is to look like a museum piece in 10 years this will not be the case

The guitar was second hand, but the action is sublime and intonation excellent. This may have been set up professionally, but if not Gibson are doing a very good job at the factory. The only finish question is the open pickups allows you to see the tape around the pick ups, which looks a little amateurish. Looking guitar straps are a must for a heavy guitar that cost a pretty penny!

Nashville built in 2006. This is my idea of electric guitar heaven. Chambered sold mahogany body, with flamed maple top. Heritage Cherry sunburst. Neck mahogany with rosewood fretboard-std frets. Trapezoid inlays start at 3rd fret. Tune-o-matic bridge open re-issue '57 humbuckers. Included Gibson case with white fluffy inside, for the baby.

Air_Stryker
    MaggaraMarine
    Air_Stryker wrote: As far as I can tell, there are a million and one different kinds of Gibson Les Paul. I'm trying to get clued up here, can someone outline some core differences between this and my Les Paul Studio?
    Different finish? Different pickups? Different feel? Dunno. They have too much models that are pretty much similar to each others.
    jose1216
    their studio les paul is the bottom of the line super light doesnt even feel like a les paul when you pick it up. i even prefer a epiphone custom over a gibson studio. wanna tell the difference play the studio then play this