Les Paul Classic Custom review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Classic Custom

Price paid: $ 2047

Purchased from: Guitar Center, Fountain Valley, CA

Oh, man, this thing rips through my duo of Blackstars... I was initially concerned playing thru my solid-state Peavey Vypyr 15 combo [sounded sterile, plus wasn't able to execute pich harmonics, LOL!]... It gives out great, sparkly clean tones, awesome lead tones on both positions... This thing is dead-quiet, no microphonic feedback/noise whatsoever.

I play classic/modern covers, so having this guitar will enhance my playing by far... Been playing for well over 35 yrs +... I knew exactly what I was getting and read the rave reviews on this beauty. I love everything about it, was very lucky to have scored this thing, since my local shops didn't have it unfortunately... This is my first Gibson in such a long time [had Studio LP in Alpine White, SG Std in Ebony, SG Special in Ebony, BB King in red, Gibson LP Deluxe, Gibson Spirit]... If stolen or lost, hell yeah I'd get it again.

This thing is, no doubt, built solid, it can withstand anything [I don't think I'll do anything stupid with it, are ya kidding, LOL! ]..strap buttons are strong... Finish looks great. I'm sure I'll be able to depend on it for quite some time... All the Gibsons I've ever had were pretty reliable, I expect the same from the LPCC!

Action right off the bat was low and fast, I couldn't ask for anything else, really. Pick-up were set just fine... Frets looks Stellar and shiny. Contruction is flawless, except for a minor binding issue inside the cutaway. Other than that, it looks sweet, love it overall!

Looks like it was made between 2011-2012 - finished in antique natural... '60s neck profile, '57 Classic pick-ups, Grover Keystone Tuners, Baked maple fretboard w/ 22 frets, acrylic inlays... All-n-all, a well-built guitar! I'm very impressed with this guitar, all the reviews and accolades are well-warranted, Gibson is scoring a home run on this one, that's for damn-sure!

DeadlyKombat
    Xomar
    all 10s? really? Thanks for taking the time to correctly evaluate your instrument
    Petepop
    This is one incredible guitar. You can hear me playing mine and check out the tone on my new YouTube video "Astral Acceleration" on the Petepopgtr1 channel. You'll love that classic LP tone on the rhythm pickup.
    Jj795
    DeadlyKombat wrote on 03/27/2012 - 118 am / quote | For all tens I expect the guitar to take me out to a nice dinner, too. Maybe I'm just shallow[quote] And give me a good night in the sack too
    fleece
    After searching for a new Gibson for weeks, I wound up spending literally hours and hours reading everything I can about this model. It's perhaps the most universally acclaimed guitar I've ever encountered. The hundreds of reviews I read were so convincing that I bought one. (Just over $1,500 at zzounds.com, so I truly couldn't resist). My Les Paul Classic Custom (ebony) arrives on Friday, and I am counting the minutes. I will report back. My hopes are very high, and if they are not met, I won't hesitate to say so. But all indicators suggest that this is one of the best bangs for the buck Gibson has produced in a long while (along with the spectacular Midtown Custom, which I already own and love).
    dukeluke1
    id go the les paul if you want a guitar with passive pups but then again i really hate esp's
    TheDuckMajor
    Man that's an awesome guitar! I'm actually thinking about getting it. What colour did you get it in? I like the cream and the Black.
    Miyagi84
    DeadlyKombat wrote: For all tens I expect the guitar to take me out to a nice dinner, too. Maybe I'm just shallow.
    No, your just rational... shoot it better do more than take me out to dinner lets just say that lol... this is the problem with Gibsons. I know they are nice guitars, but you plug them in and you expect for the amount of money you have to pay for what comes out there is a large disparity that isn't worth it. If I was a millionaire or had alot of disposable income, thats another thing... but still. the prices are exorbitant.
    gerrygtr62
    Duckmajor: got it in Antique natural like the pic, but the bakedmaple on mine is darker--I made it much darker using Dunlop 65 Lemon Oil, it looks like ebony now!
    gerrygtr62
    I'd get the ESP MII or the Eclipse--but with passives--the EMGs makes more geared towards metal
    egin3
    I have been pressed. These Gibson Customs are a dream to play, but I also am in love with Ibanez JS1200 and ESP Mii... both have their unqiue sound. I play hard rock. Anyone have their takes on the guitars I mentioned?