Les Paul Custom review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: House of Guitars

The. Sound. Is. AMAZING. That's all I can really say about it. You can play any type of genre on this guitar, from old school rock 'n roll to modern metal, doesn't matter. The tone can be very clean and crisp and then be vet fat and chunky. It's DELICIOUS xD This is one of the best sounding guitars I've ever heard. What I mainly play is punk-rock, alternative rock and old rock 'n roll and some metal and this guitar sounds great in all those genres.

This guitar goes perfectly with the type of music I play and will definitely go well with other types of music too. I play this guitar through a Marshall MG30FX with a MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal and the sound I get from it is just incredible. I've never had a sound so powerful but gentle at the same time. It's like hard to explain, it's just pure beauty ha ha If I ever lost this or it got stolen... I would definitely get my refund and get another ha ha. There isn't much I hate besides the things I mentioned before about the untuning and the noticeable dust and yadda yadda yadda. The things I love is that it is easy to pla. Most guitars that have paint over the neck get your hands stuclk or something but this one doesn't there isn't that friction between you and the guitar. When I bought this there wasn't much to compare it too lol this is the greatest guitar I'll ever own, the one I had before this was a Greg Benette Samick Torino TR-1 which was still amazing but traded the babe in for my bass. There's nothing to really wish it had. It has everything that you would expect out of a Gibson. It goes above and beyond the standards of any guitar.

I'm yet to play with this guitar live, but with all the playing that I do at home when I stand up, it holds up. I would definitely use it live w/o a backup if I needed too. The only issue that I really have with the strap buttons is that they are small. If you're gonna play standing up on a stage or wherever please for the sake of all good holy guitars, HAVE A STRAP LOCK. I've almost dropped this guitar more than once because of that issue. To go along with the finish lasting... Yes. I think it'll last you a long time as long as you're taking care of it and as long as you don't polish it with sandpaper :P

When I got this guitar, there was nothing wrong with it. At all. It looked like just how it would on the computer, or hanging up on the wall of Guitar Center or some other guitar store. It was beautiful. I didn't notice a thing wrong with it until of course the year it's been with me and the non stop playing I do with it ha ha.

My Les Paul was made in the USA in '09. There are 22 Ebony frets, they are jumbo, at least I think so compared to previous guitars I've had :P It's solid body and mad out of mahogany for both the neck and body. The finish is Alpine White and the only downside to it is that when it gets an indent or a stain it's quite noticeable unless you get rid of it. Same thing with dust, it gets very noticeable over time and you have to clean it time and time again. It's a cutaway making the higher frets easier to play solos on and it is a 3-way channel and it's Bridge is tune-o-matic and is fixed onto the body. The only thing that irritates me is that the G, B, and e strings will sometimes constantly become un-tuned. There are 2 Volume and 2 Tone knobs and the downfall to them is that if you accidently pull up on one then it will pop up a little and stay that way. No matter how hard you push down. My Les Paul came with 2 Humbucker pick ups and of course with the Alpine White finish, it has gold hardware. Which wears off over time and you see the original silver or chrome colour that it was before.