Les Paul Custom review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Custom

It's got that sustain, tone, and fatness for hard rock, metal, and alternative, but can also roll back the volume for a nice clean jazzy sound with gobs of clean sustaining tone. Not so jangly or anything, maybe that's why LP owners get a Tele in conjunction, but I never been a fan of that shrill jangly sound anyway. Overall, this guitar can cover a lot of styles and sounds you're looking for.

I play everything from jazz to blues to metal to classical to classic rock to alternative, what have ya, but maybe I got lucky cuz I know with as many axes that Gibson churns out a day from their factory, they can produce some real duds. So test your Gibson out well before you buy, cuz I got me a real winner and I love it

When I first got it, I was so afraid to ding it, scratch it, or bump it, so I hardly played it, but I soon realized these guitars don't really wanna sit in your closet like some people have them do. I started using mine for everything, recording mostly, playing live, just messing around, and it broke in so nicely that I won't touch any of my other four guitars being a custom Jackson, Fender Deluxe Strat, Jackson Stars Custom, and Ibanez Prestige. I been playing it and have a few dings, but no biggie, can't see myself wanting to get rid of it anytime soon.

Givin it an 8 here just cuz mine had a few things that caught my eye, like a few spot where the finish bleeds into the binding, but I ain't to concerned bout the cosmetics too much cuz I need a guitar I can play and if it can do that, I'm good. Action was set to go for speed right out the case. That ebony fretboard and I dunno, maybe Gibson just sets the action slightly lower than their Standards, cuz I owned a Standard and hated it, but my fingers got a speeding ticket on this fretboard.

You're run of the mill LP Custom except that this is an '08 model in the rare oxblood color, and no, not the obscenely expensive and pointless Jeff Beck model, just an LP Custom in oxblood. Apparently Gibson makes only a few a year. Anyways, yea the rest is just a run of the mill Custom, 490/498 pups, maple top, mahogany back and neck, gold hardware.

Vmcompetello
    I would like to rebut Mr. Unregistered's review. Having a pinky's worth of string height at the 12th fret is just too unbelievable. I think, by the guitars he owns already, that he is just looking for a sound that a Les Paul cannot give. Additionally, I'm sure he was afforded time to play it before he bought it and it also comes with a guarantee. Bottom line, I think he may not have a Gibson Les Paul Custom. I have a 1987 Gibson Les Paul Custom and I have to say I didn't realize how fine an instrument it was until I played other guitars. The tone quality is unsurpassed. I play clean with no pedals or overdrive etc....Mr. Unregistered probably looks for that kind of sound. Just my opinion, please, no hate mail.