Les Paul DC Classic review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul DC Classic

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

The Double Cut style may have less weight but tone is proven to be the last thing at stake. Extremely versatile guitar. Obtaining rich tones, high highs, low lows, and that ballsy rock n' roll tone that we all can't get enough of. There is no whammy bar but I usually never use one anyway. This could be a major con to most metal heads. Metal may be the only unfavoured style for this masterpiece.

I play all styles and this guitar is a dream for me. I've been playing for around 6 solid years. I've gone through Strats mostly and many acoustics and this guitar is the cream of the crop so far. I sold my Fender Strat, Squire Strat, and Fender acoustic to put money towards this guitar and I don't at all regret it. I could never bear to part with this instrument, it quickly became a part of me. I love that the Switch is at the bottom as opposed to the top on a regular Les Paul. I always hit the damn Switch on the regular Les Pauls, so this was a freakin' huge relief. This model is already going up in value because it was limited edition and discontinued as of 2005. If you happen to come across one, buy it. You will not regret it. I didn't.

This guitar is still a solid piece of mahogany, so it can take quite the beating. Even though it can handle it doesn't mean you should abuse it! Excellent show guitar, great for live/recording/studio or pretty much anything! You could depend on this guitar like you could depend on a Volvo.

The setup from the factory was well done but still needed modifying but only to my own prefences. The guitar practically had a light from the clouds shining on it when the salesman showed me it. I knew that it was the one.

Discontinued as of 2005. Made in the good ol' USA. This bad body is loaded with 24 frets with a slim '60s taper neck. The scale is 24 3/4". Mahogany back and neck with a carved maple top. The tuners are the crappy green keys but they aren't all that bad. If you don't mind them then they'll do fine. The body style is a lightweight double cutaway. Usually Les Pauls are known for their heavy weight but this guitar is light as a feather. The pickups are the Gibson 490R & 498T Alcino magnetic humbuckers with one volume knob, one tone knob, and a three way Switch. Tune-o-matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece. Gold finish and beautiful yellow trapezoid fret inlays to top it all off.

Dimonback
    I have a '98 in trans black- searched and shopped for 2 years. Having owned everything from a Kay cowboy acoustic to a '68 335, and everything in between- I think I'll stay with this one.
    spinpogi
    After such a long research on all DC designed guitars such as Ibanez, PRS, Hamer, Yamaha, and Lag. Ive finally decided and took Gibson. Honestly, Gibson LP DC Std. Plus-24 is the most outstanding & versatile designed guitar with character & tone compared with all of the above brands. The sound is in between single cut LP & SG, which I consider versatile. Sound good either clean/distorted and has more sustain. Our band almost cover everything from jazz,blues/classic rock, reggae,and modern metal.Costly but worth it. No regrets.
    alberto canna
    I have it... I played it for a while and i Want to ask something to someone that have this Guitar: i thing that the Neck pickup is too "closed"... Do you think i can "solve" this thing By removing the pickup cover??? Thanks for the help!