Les Paul Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Special Faded

I play mostly hard rock, but I also like blues, some metal, and some cleaner tone stuff. The guitar plays it all very well. I'm using with a small Behringer amp (I need a new one), and it sounds great, but I've tried it on other (better) amps, and it sounds even better. It has the typical Gibson full, crunchy tone, and sounds great, both distorted and clean. It makes no noise when I'm not playing it, and when I am playing it, it only makes noise I want it to make (unless I mess up, which isn't the guitar's fault).

I play alot of different music, and this guitar works with everything. I've been playing for a year and about 3 months, and this is my second guitar. I also own a Squire Strat, a small beringer amp, and a RP80 effects processor by Digitech. If it were stolen, I would buy it again, definetly. I love the sound of it and the way it feels. Before buying this, I played some epiphones, a few Fender Strats, a Yamaha, and some guitars of another brand that slips my mind. All around, it played, and sounded better than them all.

This guitar will withstand live playing, and the hardware seems sturdy. The strap buttons are solid. If I played a gig, I would probably bring my old guitar too, for safteys sake, but I am sure it would not be needed. The finish is a little thin, but thats because it's supposed to look older: it's a "Faded."

I'm no guitar expert, and I havn't had it very long, but as far as I can tell, everything has been set up correctly. The guitar is a faded, so it is supposed to look older, even though it's new. If you don't count purposful wear on the finish, it's in great condition.

I'm not sure when it was made, but it was made in Nashville TE, USA. It's go 22 frets, a rosewood fretboard, the and typical fatish Gibson neck. It's got a solid, no-laminated top. It's got a mahogany body, and neck, and it's got a faded yellow finish. It's a single cutaway Les Paul, flat top body. It's got the standard Les Paul controls (three-way selector, 2 volume knobs, two tone knobs), and it's got a neck pickup and a bridge pickup (neck: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker, Bridge: 498T Alnico magnet humbucker). It has non-locking "Gibson Deluxe" tuners, and came with a gig bag. My only features complaint is that it didn't come with a hard case, and the gig bag it came with has almost no padding.

deadmeat82
    adg77 wrote: Are these similar to the faded V and sg series?
    Yes, these are from the exact same line of guitars, just different body shapes basically.
    Geeeeezer
    Played my friends' dads one yesterday through a Peavey Classic 50. It is sooo nice. It rawrsssss
    Ofoski68
    Hey guys, I've got the same les paul flat top with dot inlays, in black finish....but i wanna change the pots. The problem is that i already desoldered all the wires and i don't know how to solder them again. it has no plate and the wires are different from other les pauls, so that's i can't find a picture on web of the same guitar. I would appreciate if some of you send me a pic of the circuitry of this guitar, thatnks.
    dave_dve
    I think this is my guitar(i bought it 2ndhand without asking the type,LOL) By using my amp(Roland Jazz Chorus 25W) it sounds so clean in my opinion. This guitar fits my hand well even though i haven't play with many guitar..
    dave_dve
    GreenDayfan445
    There was a guy in my local store that bought a real vintage one for over 3 gran. It was in tv-yellow O_o I even got to feel it I was like a dream I never tought that I would see one in real life.
    hyperliteBo
    dave_dve wrote: however i don't think the frets are perfect, especially when it's getting closer to the body..
    Totally true, I have one and I like it but the frets actually need to be redone