Les Paul Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Special Faded

Purchased from: Cliva Ringas (lil guitar shop in Lafayette, IN)

I play a wide range of music, which is a good thing I have this guitar. I have a Zoom GFX 5 which it sounds great through. Clean tones are the easiest to find with this Les Paul, but on the other hand distortion were a little more time consuming, but nothing to complain about. I had to move my neck pickup, upwards to get more highs in my tone. I also moved the bridge pickup downward so it would eliminate some of the mids. The pickups sound somewhat muddy at first, but if you know anything about action or your set-up you'll understand. After I accomplished that task which took less then 10 minutes of fiddling, it sounded awesome. This guitar is made for a variety of sounds.

I play a lot of punk/hardcore/alternative/metal/blues/jazz everything I can get my ears listening to. It's a great guitar with endless sounds and tones, you just have to mess around with your effects and what not. I have been playing 5 years maybe a little less and also own a Fender Strat, which also rocks. I wouldn't ask any questions at all because I didn't when I went to go pick up this beaut. I saw and knew that it was the one. If it were to be stolen I'd try hunting you down first, but if that planned failed to be executed I would buy another one, or invest more into a Gibson. My favorite asset about this guitar is the unbelievable clean tone. I didn't do much comparing because I know what I like, but if I had enough money I'd buy all the guitars I could my hands on just because music and guitar is my passion. I really don't need anything else I like the stripped down axe look and feel. If you want a great guitar for a good price check into this one.

I have an upcoming show that I plan to use this guitar for, but I'll bring a backup guitar no matter what. There is one knob that seems somewhat loose, but I can take care of that myself. The finish is faded to mimic an older looking guitar. I have the worn cherry and it does elude a Vintage look, but it will last for a long time.

It was set-up beautifully. I would prolly raise the action, but that is personal preferrence. The guitar contained no flaws whatsoever.