Les Paul Special Faded review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Special Faded

I play rock from metal to blues. This guitar is pretty loud! I am using my Vox Valvetronix amp and it is a great amp but it just sounds awesome! I even use my bad amp (a tiny Squier not even Fender) and it still sounds good. This guitar gives a sound that could make anyone love it no matter if you are a metal fan or a blues fan! It sounds awesome.

I play hard rock, rock, metal and blues and it sounds great for all of them. If you play metal you just have to find a good distortion pedal or effect and it will sound great. But for rock and blues it sounds great. I was looking at SG Fadeds but then I saw the Les Paul Faded. I like Fadeds because it gives it that Vintage look. The SG just was to stiff, the strings were stiff and unbendable and I tried the les paul and it just clicked! Some people think you're paying 700 bucks for a name, not true! I know my stuff! This guitar is not a waste of cash!

This guitar can play live any day. I use a gig bag and that keeps it safe. The headstock was very well assembled and I am not worrying about it fall off the neck. The Hulk could throw this guitar 100 miles and it would still be playable! I love it!

This guitar is definatley a studio guitar. There is nothing flashy about it, I love it. The treble pickup was a bit high so I lowered it and the neck pickup was fine. This guitar was assembeled very well I think! The finish gets scratched up easy so I put a cream pickguard on mine!

I bought mine used. Made in the USA! I think it was made in '02 or '03 according to serial number. This guitar is a flat top mind blowing guitar. The pickups give that good pure Gibson sound. It gets out of tune a little fast for me though! It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge which I think looks very cool!