Les Paul Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard

I play all sort of music and this guitar fits into most of them, this is an awesome guitar. I play it on a 15watt Marshall amp with a DigiTech RP80 effects padel and this guitar sounds great, it can make many sounds with the effects padel.

This guitar suits the music I play really well. I have been playing for 5 years and this guitar has been there 2 years after I start playing. If this guitar is lost or stolen, I might be too depressed to continue playing and if I do continue, I will get one that is exactly the same. I like everything about this guitar and my favourite feature of it is the finish. This guitar is just great!

This guitar will definately withstand live playing. The hardware needs to be well maintained as it might get dirty after sometime, finger prints can easily stain them. I definately can depend on this guitar without a backup. The strap buttons are quite small and straps often fall out, but strap locks can easily do the trick of securing the straps. The finish is nice and I think it can even outlive me.

The factory set up of this guitar is really well done, the action is nice and low makes it comfortable playing. The pickups were at the right position, just right, not too high or low. The bookmatched top is really well done. The hardware gets dirty after sometime, espacially the pickup covers.

This guitar is made in year 2003 in Nashville. Has 22 frets, a mahogany neck, maple top and mahogany back for the body, trans amber finish and it comes with a case.