Les Paul Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard

I play everything, from metalcore and thrash to funk and jazz. The guitar has excelled at everything I have thrown at it. Righ now I am playing it through a 75 watt Spider 2, which sounds pretty good. The sound is full and well rounded on each pickup. The bridge sustains very well, and I can hold one note all night long! Natural harmonics sound great through the guitar, as do pinch harmonics and anything else alon thoes lines.

It took me three years of yard work for me to buy it, but it is definately worth it. I am fourteen, played for 5 years, and this guitar really lets my skills Shine. There is nothing I hate about it, and too many things I love to list. I compared it to an Equiphone, and it is very aparrent that the Gibson is superior in all aspects. All I can say is this, if you can afford it, buy it, and you wont regret it one bit.

This guitar will definately withstand playing live. I have had it for just a day, but it is very sturdy and well-built. Tha hardware will probably outlive me. The strap buttons are a little puny, so I would suggest some straplocks. I got some Schaller ones that work nicely. I plan to gig with this guitar without a backup, because I feel that there is simply no need for one. The Nitrocellulose finish seemed thick enough to last for a long time with no need to refinish it.

The action was set very well from the factory, low and very playable. The pickups were adjusted perfect, and and the frets were filed well and not sharp at all. The finish, as I said before, is amazing. The top is flawlessly bookmatched and flamed, and is very attractive. There is only one strange thing that I will have checked out. When shaken, it sounds like there is something loose on the inside that rattles. I suspect it is something minor, mabey a loose wire.

Well, I just got his guitar a day ago, and I must say that I am thouroughly impressed. I decided to go with the slim 60's neck, and it is very comfortable. Thin enough to totally shred, but thick enough to acommadate anything. It has two humbucker pickups. The neck (rhythm) puts out a lot of bottom end, and the bridge (lead) is geared towards a more trebely sound. The finish is astounding. I got mine in desert burst, and the grain of the wood is top quality. It's AAA flamed maple, which, in my opinion, is the most gorgeous wood available. The knobs and tuners are all top of the line, and the bridge stays in tune very well. The neck and back are mahogany, which is sturdy and resonates very good. The hardshell case it came with is also very nice. It has a silver silk-screened Gibson USA logo on the front and the plush white interior is soft and very pretty.