Les Paul Standard review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard

Purchased from: Feebay

Fits my style perfect. I cover nirvana, foo fighter and led zeppelin and all my own stuff is in that mixed style. Run it through an Orange AD30 head and Orange 1X12 cab. Really nails what I'm wanting though I'll probably Switch out pickups as the burstbuckers sound thin to me. Once I get that switched I'll be perfectly happy, probably go for some bare knuckles pick ups.

I play classic rock, little hard rock, alt and punk rock and some blues. It works well for everything. Think guitar match with players ears more than with in a genre. I love the tone of a Les Paul and this will take care of every need I ever have. If it were stolen(there's no way I'd loose it) I'd definitely spring for another after a year or two of saving. I really love everything, it sounds great. Compared to Epi's the tones are a world apart and the Epi custom was much more of a darker sounding instrument. Just trying to find that happy medium now with new pickups.

I don't know how well the saying, "it's a Gibson!" applies any more. I bought this with the intent of it being my number one for the rest of my life and I'll have to keep my fingers crossed it lasts. The hard ware will be replace with tonepros bridge and stop piece. Put on schaller strap locks and will eventually replace the tuners and nut if needed. I'd trust this to Live playing as I take care of my gear well and am not too careless on stage. I would never gig with out a back up. No matter what the make there's always room for something to go wrong on stage. I keep my epi custom well kept and ready.

Turrible! there is un acceptable fret buzz for a Gibson and desperately needs a set up. Pick ups were set fine, maybe a little high though now that I think of it. The flame is absolutely beautiful for an AA and the burst is gorgeous, a little bit of Orange in there with the honey and it's just great. The binding is a bit uneven and the fret board terribly dry. The binding around the fret board isn't done up to expectation.

2005 honeyburst AA flame maple top with 50s style neck. Everything all original including Gibsons Burstbucker pick ups with alcino v magnets. Came in original hard shell case.