Les Paul Standard 2008 review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard 2008

Price paid: C$ 2500

Purchased from: long&maquede

This guitar kicks ass when it comes to sound and sound variety because it can play any style. Right now I'm usuing it out of a Line 6 spider 3 and it sounds great with a clean blues sound but Switch it to some heavy distortion and get ready to be blown away I play everything and I mean everything from classic rock led zepplin to the beautiful clean sound of the chilli peppers to the metal of the 80's and even lots of metalcore this guitar suits everything perfecty and comfortably.

This guitar is really worth the price, if you can't get a Gibson get a Epiphone in the 500 dollar price range those guitars are amazing I've been paying for since I was 9 and I'm now 19 so ten years if this thing gets stolen I'll kill someone and if I have the money I'll go get another 1 right away awesome guitar.

everything about this guitar is built to last. ive played it Live many times without a backup unless its a big show ive played the guitar wen i was completly drunk Live and it withstands every kind of beating i give , but dont get me wrong i take care of this guitar like it was my kid

This guitar was finished beautifully everything was proper, although factory set up wasn't to my standards the action was a little high the pickups were to low one of the strap buttons was loose but don't let that down you because most factory sey ups are shitty anyways. just take the guitar into your local guitar shop and have them set it up for you that's what I did and it's perfect.

It's got 22 frets, 2 volume 2 tone, busrt bucker pro pickups and a 3 way pickup selector. the guitar comes with a Gibson hardcase, instuction book and tools for adjusting hadware. The guitar was made in 2008 in nashvile(I think). It also came with stock Gibson tuners with the greenish plastic covers that aren't that great for such an expensive guitar.