Les Paul Standard Limited Edition review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard Limited Edition

This guitar suits my style perfectly. I play mostly Hard rock like Guns N' Roses which is why I changed my pickups which I mentioned earlier. Even with the original pickups this guitar was great for hard rock. I also play some blues, and alot of Metal, and this guitar is good for blues, but not for Metal. I mean its good but I don't have the right kind of pickups.

This guitar is good for alot of styles but its mainly made for styles from Jazz-Hard rock. I've been playing for a year now. I have a Marshall AVT 275 amp, and a Zakk Wylde Wah by Crybaby. I really love this guitar but if it were stolen I would just get something else like a LP Traditional Pro or something other then a LP Standard. I really love the finish on this guitar becuase its one of a kind. Gibson only made a few of these LP Standards. I don't think I hate anything about this guitar. My favourite feature is the beautiful Body and Head stock shape. I just wish that the Finish was alot harder like on my PRS. I droped that guitar, played with my belt buckle and no dings, no deep scracths like on this LP. And I also wish that the headstock was alot more Bent, like on the LP's of the 60's.

Yeah I think it would withstand live playing, but then again I'm not sure. I got so many dings on it just from walking around the house. BANG! A little hit to the table and the finish chiped off. Playing while standing up with a belt buckle isn't a good idea. The day I got it, I got it scratched with my belt. Ummm I guess you can depend on it, altho I really did expect more from Gibson. This would be good without a backup. The finish like I said earlier is very easy to chip off, so no I don't think the finish will last very long, But then again that's gibson... OH I FORGOT THIS the strap buttons are not solid! I was playing one day and the top button came out of the wood and I almost droped the guitar. But that can be fixed with some strong glue. I don't think the hardware will last long... I've had this for like 4 maybe 5 months now and already the gold plated bridge is coming off... Or oxidizing I'm not sure. But its like turning from gold to silver.

I don't know much about what's the right set up but I think it was set up perfectly in the factory. The pickups were adjusted just fine. One thing that was broken on the guitar was the knobs on the inside. Well they weren't really broken but more Cracked, which really bothered me so I changed them.

This guitar was made in 2009, in USA. It has 22 frets. The neck is thin. The neck is rosewood. It has a beautiful Brimstone burst finish. The body is flamed mahonagy. This guitar originally had Passive Gibsob Burst bucker pro pickups, but I changed them to Alnico 2 Pro. It has 2-vol knobs, and 2-tone knobs. It has a Tune o matic bridge. And a 3-way switch. This guitar has Grover locking tuners. I personally don't like the tuners, even tho they are locking they don't stay in tune very well. I have to tune the guitar almost everyday.