Les Paul Standard Premium Plus review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard Premium Plus

The style of music I primarily play is metal. I also play blues, different styles of rock, classical, and jazz. I have been playing for many years and this was my 5th guitar. With all honesty I have to say that this is the best guitar I have ever played by any standard. The only guitar comprable to this is the Les Paul Supreme. It is significantly more expensive and is not very different except for the hardware and the flame back. The sound difference is not by any means worth the extra 900 bucks it costs. No other guitar (except very high end custom models) even compare in sound and greatness of this guitar.

This is mosr than perfect for any music u could play. I play any kind fo metal (death, thrash, classic heavy, grind, hardcore, everything else) and this guitar sound better than professional recordings. I play it through a very crappy amp too (Crate 12'' 65 watt) and it still performs to perfection. I plan to get a Marshall JCM 800 or 2000 soon, which enhances the sound that much more. If this instrument were stolen well I couldn't buy another one cuz it's too expensive, but I sure would want to. I recomend this guitar over anything. I give it a 10 out of 5.

This guitar is solid. It wouldn't break if you slammed it on concrete. The strap buttons were fine, but with an instrument like this I had to put strap locks on it. As far as reliance goes, this is the guitar. It doesn't give out in any way and is built to the utmost perfection, handmade in Gibson's Nashville factory. The finish is the most beautiful thing ever put on a guitar and does not wear what so ever.

The guitar was set up right next to perfect. I adjusted the truss rod a slight bit because I but a much heavier set of strings on (it came with .09-.46 and I put .10-.60 on it, which it holds very well). I also had to adjust the bottom pickup because it was too close to the strings after I put the heavy ones on, but in every other way this guitar is perfect. I can not describe the perfection of this instrument well enough in words. As a guitarist, you owe it to yourself to get out and play one of these, even if u dont have the cash (retail is $3400, but I'm sure u can get as good of a deal as I did-$2200).

Body. Top Species: Carved AAA flamed maple Back Species: Mahogany w/cherry finish (brown on Desert Burst) Binding: Single-ply top. Neck. Species: Mahogany Profile: '50's Rounded Peghead Pitch: 17 Thickness at 1st fret: 0.818" Thickness at 12th fret: 0.963" Heel Length: 0.625" Neck Joint Location: 16th fret Fingerboard. Species: Rosewood Scale length: 243/4" Total Length: 18.137" Nut Width: 111/16" Width at 12th fret: 2.062" Frets: 22 Inlays: Pearloid Trapezoid Binding: Single-ply Hardware. Plating Finish: Nickel Bridge: Tune-o-matic Tailpiece: Stopbar Knobs: Gold Top Hat Tuners: Green Key Electronics. Pickups: Two BurstBucker Pro pickups with Alnico V magnets Controls: Two volume, two tone, three-way Switch Case. Exterior: Black Reptile Pattern Hardshell Interior: Dark Grey Plush with Black Shroud Silkscreen: Silver 'Gibson USA' logo.

HELLSHREDD
    I played every les paul there is & that day an explorer came home with me cuz it kiked arse compared to the Lps. If you are into metal get the explorer & get more bang 4 the buck & way cooler looking axe if i might say.
    woomba
    I am thinking of buying one but is the price worth it? I dont know if It would be better to wait some more weeks and buy it. Beside of buying an epiphone or a stratocaster
    mr. ...
    no no no its not worth the price in my opinion. its just looks prittier than a standard. get a standard friend
    I am punk "BF"
    It soes not look worth the price. You might as well buy a custom guitar. then you can make it what you want for the preice
    nitromaniac
    i love les pauls and they all sound great but i think they could do with a 24fret jumbo neck
    jesse1994
    paul1991 wrote: u know u could buy the epiphone les paul and gibson pick ups
    yeah, but those are made by japanese. some people want some good ole american vintage