Les Paul Standard Premium Plus review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Standard Premium Plus

I play doomy rock metal noise with my band The Coelacanth. I play through a JCM2000 TSL100 all-tube head and my 1960AV cab. Not noisy, until I crank up the tone to like 6, 7 or so (maybe as low as 5). What I do not like is my missing Les Paul low end, but that may be that I just need to turn down the tone knobs/preamp/volumeon the guitar? Very full sound to very bright (Stratocaster bright, no kiddin). Good for: doom, rock, punk, metal, death metal, jazz, speed metal, dark jazz, latin, whatever really, everything is available, even at volume on 3, and tone knobs on 1, this guitar will sing right through some s--t until I crank my bass on my preamp to 8 and drop highs to 2, and leave mids at 6-7 always. Wanted a heavier, more classic Les Paul than what I got, I feel like I got their answer to prs in my hands, which is not why I bought a motherf--r Les Paul.

I think I'll be happy with it more as time goes on. I would do anything for a '57 or '58 or '69 Les Paul Standard in tobacco or dark burst of some kind, or gold, hell, while I'm dreaming, I'd like a lamborghini diablo.

Set-up good at factory, I made minor adjustment on Tune-O-Matic bridge piece for proper intonation in this tuning: DADGBE according to my close musician buddies/fellow guitarists/local collectors/this guitar has the finest flame maple top any of them have ever seen at any price (including a $20,000 guitar my buddy has) no flaws as of yet noticed.