Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I mostly play older stuff, not this new age crap coming out, so I don't know it works for it, but if your going for a nice grungy, crunchy sound, then this is the guitar your looking for. Sounds that came out of Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and Eric Clapton can be found easy with this guitar.

Well other than the way that the guitar I bought broke, I think it is overall a great guitar, the sound mathces everything I was looking for, and the humbuckers are so great I can crank it up and band practice to drown out my friends Stratocaster.

Well this is the one part of the guitar where I have a real problem, The wood used to make is said to be mahogany, which is a very fine wood, but after only 3 months of owning it, the headstock snapped forward at a band practice. Now I don't know if every Les Paul Studio is like this or if the one I purchased was just made weaker but Gibson agreed to repair the guitar for free and send it back so no worry's.

Well as I said before, the guitar I bought has a very nice finish (fireburst) but all of the other colors such as alpine white and the black look very nice as well.

This Gibson Les Paul was a 2004 model and it was made in USA, it has 22 frets, which are easy to reach, and a solid top, the finish on the guitar is very nice (fireburst) and the electronics have not messed up yet so they are pretty good too, the tuners are non-locking but they are very nice. There are no accessories except a really nice case.