Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Long And McQuade

I play Zeppelin mostly and it fits it perfectly since Jimmy Page had a Les Paul. The sound can go from bright and high to dark and kind of "fat." I'm using just a Yamaha 20 watt and it still sounds great. I'm going to get a Marshall MG100DFX and I could only imagine how good it will sound on that.

I've been playing for about 2 years and I'm only 13 but trust me, this guitar is great and I've played many guitars but none of them comes close to this except for other les pauls. If this were stolen, I would hunt the robber down, kick his ass, take my guitar and buy another one just in case.

This guitar it solid and no matter how long you play it for, it won't get destroyed (unless you drop it like 10 times). It can surely withstand playing in gigs and I would not use any backup. The strap buttons are solid and the finnish lasts a long time

My guitar was made perfectly, no scratches or flaws and it's very solid. It is made of a maple top and mahogony base and neck and the pickups are adjusted perfectly. My pickup selector was also a bit loose but it was easy to fix and other than that, it was great!

The Gibson Les Paul Studio is perfect. It has everything the Les Paul Standard has and the only difference beetween the Studio and the Standard is that the Standard has grade A maple and the Studio has just maple. The only thing that I would change is that they should make them in heratage cherry too but mine is in wine red and it's still one of the most beautiful guitars I've seen. It has 2 humbucking pickups, the 490 and 498. The neck is fast and it's just easier to play on this guitar than on others that I've tried.