Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Windsor Music Shop

I play heavy rock, Indie rock and some blues, so this guitar is awesome. The treble setting is perfect for soloing and even works when shredding (if you'r into that kinda thing). I play with a Line 6 Spider II (which is awesome) on the "insane" channel, mostly, and it sounds amazing. Not much buzz in the background, and rhythm setting is rich and beautiful.

Based on the styles I play (which vary quite often), I'd say this is a brilliant versatile guitar. The tone is crisp and on distortion you get a brilliant crunch with any amp. All I regret is getting a decent strap as the one provided is comfortable but wears quickly. If it were stolen (although I guard it with my life), I'd probably not be able to shell out for another one.

Don't gig at the moment but I'm sure this will stand the test. Only problem is the strap-holder, which doesn't seem to be reliable at all; maybe that's just the strap.

Haven't needed to adjust factory set-up. No flaws (although I already scratched it a couple of times). Gold pickups get mucky quickly.

2005 American, fireburst finish. 22 fret, 2 humbuckers, same as the ones described above. Came with a case, a Rosetti silver series cable (worth 40) and some polish and stuff. Single cutaway, solid body- typical Les Paul model. Awesome set-up, and cheap for a Les Paul.