Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

I mostly play hard rock and metal. It's a godsend for hard rock fans but if you are going for metal I still think an SG would do better. Nice fat, chunky tone with buckets of sustain. Humbuckers obviously get rid of any noticable humming. I'm using it with a 50 Watt Marshall and a Boss-DS1 distortion pedal. It sound fantastic. This guitar is pretty much just a Classic without binding (the white stuff around the edges of the guitar. Purely a cosmetic change, they have no effect whatsoever on the sound).

A great match for hard rock and hair metal. Punk and grunge sound decent on this too, but for punk and grunge a Fender Mustang would do great (Kurt Cobain used Mustangs). I compared it to the Gibson SG because they are in the same price range and genre. I didn't compare it to the American Strat because it was meant for different sounds. My favorite part of this guitar is the sheer durability of it. I bet I could throw it off my roof right now and it would be fine.

Set up great at the factory, great pickups, everything in perfect condition. Not to mention a Gibson guitar will probably outlive a human being.