Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Music Workshop

I teach guitar so I play everything, but I prefer punk punk/rock and a little metal. I run it through a Line 6 Flextone 2 with extension cab. The big floor board and a Boss CE-2. Humbuckers eliminate 99% of noise, it's thick warm and has got balls! And is almost impossible to get a bad tone out of, unlike a Strat. The pickups when bort from the factory can be splittable, so hopefully after I do that. The guitar will even be more versatile.

As I said, I have to be flexible. But for my personal playing it's awesome! And would recomend and rock guitars savin his pennys! If it got stolen or lost (god forbid) I'd be out there the next day buying 1! A bit of a crap design on the clips that hold the saddles in the design is much better on the cheap Epiphones even!

I hang my Gibson on the wall and about the 2nd week I had it, it fell no damage! Hardware seems fine. Strap buttons are solid but I still use a Planet Waves locking strap for sure. It's very dependable, the finish seems to mark easy from a guitar pic but I am assured they will buff out.

Pickups were set up great, harmonics were spot on. Even though I then changed them to graph tecs. Only little complaint was where the fret board joins the body. The glue could have been cleaned up a little better!

It's brand new, black with crome hardware, made in the USA. 22 frets. All mahogany but with the maple top. Single cut. It's a bloody Les Paul you no the deal. Pickups are 490T and 498T (pickups and finish are the only difference between the studio and standard, standard has burstbuckers). Free Gibson hardcase, almost as heavy as the axe itself.