Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

This guitar is very well suited to my style. I play mostly thick blues (a la Stevie Ray Vaughan) and classic rock. it sounds great clean and you can easily get nice thick chunky sound, very AC/DC-esq. Plugged in you will get a small amount of feedback/buzz, but nothing too bad. You can only hear it if you are not playing. And if you have this guitar plugged in, it will be being played! Not the most versitle guitar, but it'll get done what it's supposed to do. I don't especially like the 3-way setting betweed rythem and lead. It sounds kind of empty. The other setting all sound fantastic though. The lead will scream at you and the rythem will mellow your mind out. It definatly has the classic thick warmth that can only be found with a Gibson.

For my style of music (classic rock, blues, some metal) this is a perfect match. I have been playing 1 year, and I own a Squier Strat which I love to death (no I'm not joking. I think I got lucky and picked up one of the good ones). Right now I am still running it through my Frontman 15R practice amp, and it still sounds great! If it were stolen I couldn't afford a new one. But if I could I would buy one again. Trust me if you are thinking about going with a Schecter C1, Epiphone LP, Telecaster, or any other guitar, save up and get this, I have played them all and there is no comparrison! I love the action, sound, finish, gold hardware, massive sustain, and all around rocking-ness of it. I dislike that it cost so much, and I know a little of it was for the Gibson name. but I do beleive it was worth it. That's all, this is a great guitar. My suggestion would be to buy the best that you can afford. That way it won't be replaced in a few years. Also, Gibson's hold value, like an invesment. In 5 years I could go sell it for almost what I bought it for.

I purchased this used so I don't know exactly, just got it a few days ago. It has one mismatched tuner, so I don't know what happened there. Other than that it seems very nice, so I'll give it a 4.

This guitar was set up very well. Very low action, even on the higher frets. The pickups seemed to be perfectly adjusted. Everything on the top was flawless, I was well satisfied.

Beautiful guitar, loaded with everything you'd need. It has a set neck, and has mounds of sustain. Alnico-V 490R and 498T pickups. It has a volume control for each pick up and tone controls, along with a 3-way selector Switch. Trapazoid inlays. Gold pickups. Non-locking tuners, hold tune very well though.