Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Freinds Music

I play rock (a somewhat wide variety) and some blues. It is very good for heavier and distorted tones, as well as a nice clean, bright sound. Great humbuckers indeed. The sustain is right to my liking. A good guitar for lead. I play through a Marshall MGD50DFX which I feel isnt up to the task for this guitar. I've also had problems with strings "talking" when shifting chords. Very low hum. It performs well though a wah, but I don't the results when using flange.

I did a very well job of selecting this instrument, it's everything I want in a guitar. I've been playing for almost half my life and this guitar is the only one I own that sings the way it should. If anything happens to it I'll defintely replace it with the same model (different finish). I compare a few LP styled guitars (ESP EC-400, ESP EC-1000, Epiphone LP) but this one had what I wanted, power and sustain. Only complaint is the string noise and finish easily dirties up. Great buy for anyone.

As any Gibson, very well suited for playing in your room or in front of 30,000+. Everthing is as solid as a armoured car. Finish is very solid and thick, good for us clumsy people bound to scrape it on stuff. I have a feeling this axe will, last me many years. I paid $850 (very great price) for something worth much greater a price.

Action was set just a little lower than what I'm used to, but definitely not in need of adjustment. Humbuckers nicely set-up, couldnt be better. All hardware was as it should be or at least to my knowledge. The pickup selector was a little loose, not that big a deal. Nut semmed a little tainted but solid none the less. Good solid guitar, the best in my collection.

A nice 2004 made here in the USA. 22 frets with a '60s style neck and rosewood fretboard. Mother of pearl inlays for the classic touch. Carved maple top on a mahogany back for awsome sustain. Wine red finish with a natural flame and all gold hardware. Finish is solid but tends to bring out finger prints a little too much so constant care is needed. Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar tail peice. 2 tone and 2 volume for 490R and 498T pickups.