Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Back Alley Music

I play pop punk, Indie rock and a bit of alt country through a Zoom Fire 30. Good meaty sound on the whole but I can't get a twangy country sound for love nor money. May have the pick ups tapped to get round this (should have bought a Telecaster?)

I got this guitar as a 40th birthday present to me to replace the guitar I sold in my 20's. I had intended to buy a cheaper guitar probably a mexican Telecaster but tried out several guitars on the day. This is the first Gibson Les Paul I've ever played. I was amazed how different it felt to the American Telecaster I was also considering. Both are excellent guitars but the LP just did it for me so I bought it. And I would buy another tomorrow if it ever went missing as I have absolutely no regrets about buying it or spendig a lot more than I intended. You get what you pay for! But I would love the Tele as well as the LP.

As far as I can tell this guitar is indistructable. Apart from the origional tuners which were rubbish. The Grovers are far more robust. Finish is excellent so far.

Guitar was well set up. No complaints. Finish and wood grain are simply beautiful. Even my wife thinks it's a fine looking guitar.

It's a wine red 2004 Les Paul with nickle hardware manufactured in the good old US of A. 20 odd frets, two humbuckers, 2 vol 2 tone 3 way Switch, tune o matic bridge etc. etc. It's a Les Paul. I've replaced the green key tuners with Grover kidneys. It fell of it's stand and one broke. Great excuse to get rid of the standard tuners which look rubbish.