Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

This guitar is not particuarly fit for my kind of playing (I play shred), yet I have adapted to playing it. I use my Crate 65 watt with a crappy Zoom pedal and it sounds pretty good. One thing is for sure, there is nothing wrong with the pickups. I don't usually use the rythm settings but the sound full and deep. The treble settings provide excellent tone for lead work. Harmonics are no problem on this guitar and a wide range of deep lows and searing highs make this guitar sound awesome.

I play shred, rock, and some metal and this guitar suits me fairly well. I've been playing for almost 4 years now with 2 other electrics, a Fender Strat and a BC Rich Bronze Warlock and there is no denying that this is my best guitar. If this were stolen, I don't know if I would replace it. I might get a nicer Ibanez or Jackson to better suit my style but this is still a great guitar. I love the action, pickups, hardware, and playability of this guitar and the only thing I hate is the finish on the back of the neck. I compared this to the SG and decided that this model would be much better sounding and suitable for me.

I am 100% sure this gutar would withstand live playing, I know for a fact that it could stand up to almost anything that can happen onstage during a preformance because I have used it for two gigs and had it mishandled by my roadies (my friends), and the electronics fooled around with and it still was at peak preformance during the concert. I know I can depend on this guitar and everything on this guitar is solid. I have no worrys about replacing anything on this guitar because there is a fault.

When I got this guitar, I was Amazed how well it was set up. The action was perfect, and the pickups were in the right place. I have no complaints with the finish on this guitar as it is absolutely amazing. The only thing to watch out for is the finish on the back of the neck. It has a tendencey to get sticky after playing for a while although a little polish always makes the neck smoother and less sticky.

Made in the USA in 2004, this guitar is a real beauty. With 22 jumbo frets, solid body, curved top, set neck and trapezoid inlays, a wine red finish with gold pickups and hardware, Tune-O-Matic bridge, three way selector Switch, two volume and two tone (rythm and treble), and a free case, this thing is ready to rock.