Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: bellones music

I play some blues and alot of classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix and it just sounds awsome for all the music I play. I use a Marshall 45 watt amp (15). It has a bassey sound when set to the rythm pickup. If you have a talk box and a wah pedal you could probly make it talk like in Peter Framptop's "Do You Feel Like I Do."

I play classic rock with some blues and it matches perfectly. I've been playin about 2 1/2 years. I have a 1935 Gibson Royal tone near mint. And a Yamaha just to travel back and fourth because I take my guitar werever I go. If it was lost or stloen I would buy another or just get a Fender Stratocaster (USA). I love how easy it is to play and the sound. My favorate frature is the pickups beacuse they produce a very nice sound. I compared it with a Fender Stratocaster but still chose this one.

I think this guitar would withstand playing live for the way mine is set up. But as I said befour the hardware will begin th fade in time. The strap buttons are solid but the strap does come off but rarly. The finish is great but scratches easily.

The guitar was set up perfect from the factory. The action wat as good as it could get with no buzzes. The pickups were ajusted great. It came close to new with 1 paind chip on the right side of the headstock looking at it from the front. The gold hardware seems to come off quickly but I focuse more on the sound.

My guitar is a 2005 model. Made in usa. It has 22 frets that seem to last for as long as I've played. It has an ebony finish with a mahogany body and neck with maple top. It has a single cutaway with a Tune-O-Matic bridge and tailpeice that makes it stay in tune very well. It has 2 volume and 2 tone controls with a 2 way pickup selector. It has the original tuning pegs that would seem to last the live of your guitar with the proper care. And comes with a Gibson hardshell case that seems to be made very well.