Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Guitar Amp and Keyboard

Plays all sorts. Has a rich mellow (Les Paul) sound, with awesome sustain. Play just through a V-AMP 2 on clean usually but is a great rock guitar with a fat sound. As good as any standard.

It is a beatiful guitar. Played strats but the richness this guitar posseses just melts my heart and I am in love with it. I can't leave the thing alone. I can see why people love this guitar. Thanks for everyones reviews as I read them all and it really helped me decide to get one and I am so glad I did. You will too! Nothing will ever be the same again.

It is solid. Mind the guitar falling as the neck is their only weakness. Also mind the nitro cellulose laquer with some guitar straps and stands as the rubber can react with the varnish apparently.

Action was percieved high but played nice. Shop said it was low action. It is 1.3mm from 12th fret to understring and 2. 4mm for bass E. This is normal. I will have a tinkering with soon. At the end of the day if it plays nice for you that is the main thing. Watch out for the perception of high action as the frets on the guitar are quite pronounced which make you feel as if the action is higher than it is. In reality it is not as it looks but as it plays. Many moan about the action I wonder if it is all in our own interpretation but have essentially the same set ups?