Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

The sound is the best thing about the guitar. It gets a full rich tone. The treble pick up is great for getting any kind of distortion. Crunchy, metal, lead, anything. Using both pickups is great for clean tone and chords, especially when you add a little bit of chorus with it, it sounds amazing. Just about any style of music you want to play it will work for you, except for shredding due to the thick neck, but the thick neck just helps the guitar get that great tone. The body is sort of heavy but again, that's what helps it get that great tone. It is mahogany with a maple top. Any one who didn't give the sound a 10 doesn't know what they're talking about.

I play punk and alternative rock in a band and it sounds perfect, but I will play anything that will help me improve and it fits everything from a fat bluesy tone to a heavy metal distortion. My only complaint would be the thick neck and body. If you are use to playing Strats it the body will feel weird and uncomforable. At first I could not get use to the guitar because of these things so I was probably going to return it for and SG but the SG didn't get the same awseome tone. The guy there suggested I should play it a little more and I would hopefully get use to it and I did. It may not be the best thing money can buy, but it's the best guitar $1270 can. Do yourself a favor a buy this thing.

The guitar is durable and the finish will last as long as you're not an idiot, take care of it properly, and read the instruction manuel.

The set-up wasn't perfect, the action on the lower strings was higher than on the higher strings, but that was a quick fix thanks to the Tune-O-Matic bridge. All I had to do was loosen the strings and turn the thumb wheele. The finish looks amazing, I got mine in wine red and I suggest the same for you. The fret board was nice pretty fast but again, the thing has a fat neck, which isn't a big deal it's just something that you have to get use to.

This is a great guitar, it's your standard Gibson LP, 22 frets, Tune-O-Matic bridge, two humbuckers ect. Comes with a hardshell case and a scree driver to adjust the height of the pickups.