Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

The Les Paul Studio guitar is magnificent, it fits in my music just perfectly. I play metal, rock, classic, ect. It has a sound I can't put words to. It has a variety of sounds it can make depending on what pedal and amp I have. Just the guitar it has distorion, treble, and bass.

I play anything I like, and it matches to all of my expectations. I've been playing for 2 years and I own a '57 Fender Stratocaster a Marshall half-stack, a Zakk Wylde distortion pedal and a random Wah pedal. The only thing I wanted to ask before I bought was if it got damaged could I send it in to Gibson Customs and get it re-done. I would probably buy either the Les Paul or the SG. I love everything about this guitar, it is very light, the controls are easy to use, it sounds really great. My favorite thing is that its a Gibson and in my town theres hardly any people with one. I compared it to my friends SG and it was evenly matched, his SG was a little lighter though. I wish it had my name inlayed into the Fret Board.

This guitar is great for live playing. The hardware is very great, it has lasted longer then my previous guitars. The strap buttons are fine, I would bring a backup guitar because nothing is guarenteed but if I had to bring just 1 guitar, I'd bring the Les Paul. The finish has began to come off yet and I've had it for half a year.

The action on it is just perfect and there is no neck buzz. The picks needed a little adjustment but not that much. The top is fine, not a problem with that or the bridge. The only thing that was wrong with my guitar was the pick guard, I took it off anyway and bought a white one to put on.

It was made in 2005 made in USA. It's a thin fret board with 22 frets, also mahogany neck, '59 Les Paul. Rosewood fret board, Tune-O-Matic bridge with stop bar, gold hardware, 490r and 498t Alnico magnet humbucker pickups. Carved maple top and back. The finish on it is solid black with an white outline around the edges. A Les Paul style, single cut-a-way. Trapezoid inlays. Active electronics. 2 volume knobs, and 2 tone knobs, with a 3-way Switch. Locking tuners, not sure what brand. Includes hardshell Gibson case.