Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: meth junky former friend

Buzzes a bit, quiet selector Switch and knobs. Smoking tone, love it for what it is meant to do, it is not a Strat, or a metal shredder axe, sucks for bright clean work, but who cares. Get a job and buy more than one guitar. I use it with a Boss GT-3, some old stomp boxes, and in most cases a Fender Bassman amp. Also have a Marshall 45w head and 2X12 cab, never drag it out. the Fender works for what I do, a bit floppy on drop D palm muted stuff.

If you want to rock, hard, and not sound like a nasal duck this is it, I got it because nothing will make a Strat into a LP. They are what they are, love it or hate it. If you intend to be anything more than a basement wanker, you have to own at least one LP (get two, fat '59 neck and thin '60s), they are the rock guitar.

Strap button keeps comming loose, has chips and scratches on it, still looks great. Finish seems okay, I would never gig with one guitar.

Bought it used, set up was poor but was still playable as it was, very versatile guitar, fat slow neck, again who cares, gold finish has worn off, looks cool now, back scratches easily, looks great on stage, plays great, it is a Les Paul, if you don't like heavy, chunky guitars buy somthing else (prince might sell his). For all Pink floydish stuff I use my Strat, if I want to shred I use my Charvel, to rock this is the guitar. neck gets sticky, that is the only thing I really dislike about this guitar.