Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

I mainly play metal and other rock music, but I also play a fair amount of clean shit. I run this guitar through a Line 6 spiderII 2X12, usually on the insane channel with a deeper tone. Amazing tone, as far as I'm conserned theres no comparison. Same with the clean sound. My strats can make a lot of noise on any channel on my amp, but with the humbuckers on here all you can hear is the amp. If you mute the strings, it will sound the same as if you turn the volume switch 2 0 on the guitar. The sustaine is amazing.

Great metal and clean sound, silent, and the best sounding guitar out.

Its a Gibson Les Paul, it's durable. The only thing I am a little concerned about is if the gold plating will work off. The strap buttons are a little small if you ask me, but very durable. I have a Planet Waves locking strap anyway, and you better have some sort of straplocks if you have a guitar this expensive.

Well this guitar was a big change for me, I'm used to playing unpainted maple necks, the paint adds up a lot of friction on my hand making it slow. As far as the weight goes, yes its heavy, but if you cant handle it you have a vagina. It will catch up to you if you are playing an hour or 2 show, but it's nothing bad. I have the fireburst finish and its beautiful, you can see the wood grain under the transparent center. The guitar did however come with a bad action, and costed me $40 at another music store(was afraid of up a guitar I spent my whole bank account on), and did a shitty job. So I ended up doing it myself. I got it much lower and didnt fuck up the intonation like the music store did and everything is lined up.