Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Chandler's Music

I play mostly rock like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam, some blues like Stevie Ray and Jimmie Vaughan, also everything from Hendrix, to Beatles, to Zappa. I have a old crappy amp head and 1X12 cabinet that dosnt sound to great, so I'm often using friends amps. I use a friends Spider II 30w often and it sounds wonderfull through it on any channel from clean to insane. There is no noise with this even on my old amp. I use mostly Fab pedals due to their price, the ones I am using now are the Fab Overdrive and the Fab Chorus. The Studio can handle everything from more rich blusey chorused sounds to sharp distorted sounds with plenty of sustain. It can play through pretty much any sound with ease.

This is the perfect match for the style of music that I play. I've been playing for nearly two years now and I own an Ovation and a Washburn in addition to the Les Paul. If this guitar were stolen or lost I would deffinatly buy another. The guitar's simple paint scheme and awesome electronics make it a killer deal for the price. it's a Gibson so there isnt much it can compare to because nothing beats a Gibson.

This is a very reliable guitar. I would gig without a backup with this. The hardware seems very nice and will probably last the life of the guitar. The finish is very durable, it has been dropped sevral times with only one chip around the bottom strap button from lading on the strap lock. I can deffinatly depend on this guitar, it has been through a lot and there are few signs of wear and tear.

I bought the guitar used, it was in nice shape when I bought it, minor cracks around the machine heads, the guitar had also been refretted and refinished, all done very well thought. When I bought it, it was vairly well set-up. Just some minor bridge adjustments needed. The finish was very clean, just a few minor blemishes that are not noticable. Solid white with no binding on the body and neck. I like the simplistic paint job on the Studio, no burst or binding; I prefer it over a Standard.

A 1991 Les Paul Studio manufactured June 18 in Kalamazoo, MI. The guitar was very nicly refretted with 22 medium frets. The body and neck are white, with gold hardware. Body is Mahogany with a Maple top with a Mahogany neck and Ebony fretboard. Tune-O-Matic bridge with two passive humbuckers. Two volume and Tone nobs, one for each pickup, a 3-way selector Switch and Gibson tuners. The guitar also came with a Gibson case. I don't see why so many people put down the Studio, it is just like the Standard, but without burst finishes or binding, which lowers cost. This guitar has everything someone could need, it's an amazing guitar.