Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Well this is why I bought a std. And not a studio. The sound. The studio does in no way offer the real renowned LP sound. It sounds like any other cheap mexican/japanese/chinese guitar. Generic you could say. And not like the LP you've heard on all your records (say for instance guns'n'roses)

Well, you get what you pay for. And honestly, did anyone expect that a LP studio, that comes at half the price of the standard, would play just as good? Overall what I really found troubling, apart from the fact it didn't sound like the LP I've heard recorded, was the finish. I can't really put a finger on it, but it just looks so cheap.

I actually don't know about reliability of the studio (as I left the shop with af LP std instead) but I honestly wouldn't trust it. (Whereas my Standard LP, - well it's been tested by the greatest musicians on earth, so I don't need to elaborate on that.).

The studio has, compared to the standard, a rather dull finish. Action is high and the feel is not "real" But what I really found troubling is the finish. I can't really put a finger on it, but it just looks so cheap. Wouldn't expect that from a 1600 Euro guitar.

No one, that actually bought this guitar would ever admit, that is wasn't the best buy. So therefore I'm writing this to you who hasn't made up your mind whether to buy the LP studio or the LP standard. (I myslef tried out an LP std and a LP studio back in 2006). I reckon the features kinda match the std. but something is seriosly lacking. Maybe it's in the wood.