Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: The Arts

This guitar suits my music style perfectly because I am into classic rock and blues and all the greats (most of them) used les Pauls such as Jimmy page or Slash. I use it with a Marshall MG30DFX and love it. It has a very rich vibrant tone but at the same time a deep tone which sounds very nice.

I have been playing for 5 years and love it. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy another one and if not I would by the standard or classic. I love the colour, shape, fell and sound of this guitar, it is perfect. It would be kind of neat it had some white or cream trim around the edges.

This guitar is a beast and would with stand live playing any day of the year. The hardware is 5 years old and is still fine and I bought strap locks just in case because you can never be too careful. I would depend on this for any concert, and the finish does not seem like it will wear off only a little gold wore off and that is because it is 24 karat gold which is very soft.

There were no flaws in the guitar and am not sure how the factory set it up because I got mine used but it came perfectly set up only a little unnoticeable gold started to wear off of the bridge. The action came set right and the finish was amazing.

My les Paul was made in 2003 and is wine red with a pick guard. It has 2 volume and 2 tone knobs and 22 frets. It has gold plating and is a solid maple top with a mahogany back and rosewood neck backed with mahogany. IT has a wide neck which suits my playing type. It has a Tune-o-Matic bridge with a stop bar tailpiece and has a 490r humbucker and a 498t humbucker neck pickup. They are Standard Gibson green key tuners. It came with a Gibson hard shell case.