Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Eskildsen Music Store

I play Metallica, Pantera, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix and so on so this guitar is perfect for me. I would never have thought I could get such a great guitar for such a small cost. Worth every penny! I'm using a Roland Cube 20X. The guitar has all rich full and bright sound! Anything you want it to. there's also a fun detail about this guitar; It can actually can make a killswitch! turn the volume all the way down on the first humbucker and switch from treble to rythm on the 3 way Switch and you got yourself a killswitch!

I play heavy, metal, rock, older rock and so on. So if you're like me and you just playing everything that includes distortion, I would really recommend this guitar. I love the blanc surface of the guitar and the broad 59' neck. I hate the way it gets scratchy and greased when you touch it. My favourite feature is the killswitch, which can be used for improvisation and to play Jordan by Buckethead.

Dont let the "Studio" part of the name scare you. This guitar can be used anywhere, Live or just for practicing. Finish seems pretty though althought, I know a friend who bought a limited edition that are flat black with emg 81 pinkups and the paint is really thin so the paint is wearing off al the time.

The is one flaw on mine. The 3-way switch is loose! And I when I screw it on so it's stuck the treble button will be at the rythms spot. Pretty annoying but I think that's just a one time coincidence. And there's also one very small spot on the side of the guitar that wasn't painted, I hardly noticed it before about a week after.

This guitar has a 59' rosewood neck. I like broader necks I think it makes the playability of the guitar much easier, because you can't hit the other strings when trying to pick on one. I picked the guitar with the blanc black finish, looks very heavy, just the way I like it. The 490R and 498T humbuckers in this guitar is just plain awesome, they have got that heavy tone and and is very good for Metallica, AC/DC, Pantera. anything with distortion. there's both a volume Switch and a tone Switch for each humbucker, and a 3-way switch to Switch from treble sound to rythm and something inbetween. The case included with the guitar (Gibson USA Deluxe case) is really a great case because it's really thick so the guitar wont get damaged. And inside the case is soft "hair" kinda so your precious new Gibson can sleep well.