Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

I use this through a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt amp. The tone on the low notes and power chords is basically like getting hit by a bus, the lows are full and fat, the mids are blanced and the highs are clean and not noisy. I like to play a lot of clean stuff on this guitar just because it sounds so good. When you want this guitar to sound clean I don't know if it could be beaten. However when you want it to sound dirty or distorted, it sounds great, clear, refined and never over the top. The variety on this guitar is absoluteley amazing and can shift styles of music as quickly as you canb step on the pedal. The versatillity on this guitar is probably it's best feature. the only thing a person might not like about the guitar is just how clear the pickups are. If you want EMG's for the solos in the treble posisition for a more unrefined, dirty sounds you could certainly do that, but the pickups give enough distortion for the dirty sounds in my opinion.

I play a lot of metal, blues, and mainly stuff I make up. I compared it to the epiephone Les PaulCustom, at distorted, the tone was defineteley better but not by a ton. The cleans are where this guitar took the Epiphone pout of the picture. after I played it I said this is what I want. I would buy it again if I was in the same posisition. the only thing I might add is a Duncan Invader to the treble for really screaming solos, but I don't want to ruin the balance of this beautiful instrument.

This guitar is defineteley good for gigging if that is what you plan on doing with it. the finish is very strong and does not scratch because it is a natural finish and any acratch unlesss severe would blend in with the wood grain. this is not a rockstar's guitar, it is a musician's guitar. if you compare the finish to many of the other finishes on other flashy guitars it may seem ugly. please don't label it as that I did and I regret it because it is a work of ART rather than a guitar built for looks.

I got this guitar used and the adjustmenats were fine all except for the unnaturally low treble pickup. I've never seen a les paul with the pickup so low before, I adjusted it to where I thought it should be and am currently happy with it's posisition and sound. I can't prove this but I believe the previous owner did this to the guitar, therefore I will not deduct points from Gibson for this. The guitar stays intune as well as my old ESP which had locking tuners and this has non locking tuners. The quilaty of the wood, neck frets seemed almost factory good espacially for a used guitar. the nut, bridge and string height all seemed to be great fitting and feeling. The only problem is the upper frets on the low strings are kinda hard to reach.

This guitar is a USA made Gibson Les Paul Studio. This guitar features a natural faded finish with all chrome humbuckers and hardware, Gibson non locking tuners, 2 tone switches, 2 volume switches (Standard LP swiring) and a 3-way pickup selector switch. there are humbucker pickups are passive Gibson burstbucker pro pickups. It has 22 frets, trapeziod inlays. An all mahogany body and neck with set neck construction. the neck is a one piece neck. The body is also one piece with no binding, no maple top, and features a Tone Pros bridge. It also came with a Gibson hard case.