Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: G.A.K

I play a lot of heavy rock, blues, and a fair bit of shred as well. I played it through a Line 6 spider 3 to see how much warmth and tone the guitar itself can actually produce. The results were very impressive indeed. This packs a punch. It has that classic meaty, ballsy Gibson sound when you set the amp to overdrive but it produces great results in what ever sound you want to go for, I just can't wait to get it going through some valves.

From playing this guitar I am confident that it could suit any style of music. I know for a fact that lots of players that don't play rock or metal use this guitar. I love this guitar to death and I cannot wait to get up on stage with it. I love the fact that this guitar can sound like any of the other guitars out there but still retain its core sound that no other instrument I have played or heard so far has come close to. If it were stolen I would probably cry then find the guy Who stole it, kill him and get my baby back.

I have not had this guitar all that long but have been playing it a lot since I got it and the finish is holding up beautifully. It definitely feels like it would be able to cope with the strains of Live use. It seems like a pretty solid piece of kit. I am without a doubt going to play it at my next gig but I am going to bring a backup just in case.

Perfect. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Though other people have complained about the poor factory setup. On mine the action was perfect and so was the pickup height. The tuning is also very which was a surprise because a lot of guitarists complain about that aspect of it.

This guitar was made in the Gibson factory in Nashville. AA maple top glued to a mahogany body. Slim '60s set-neck. 22 frets on a Rosewood fingerboard. 2 burst bucker pro pickups wax potted to reduce feedback each with it's own individual tone and volume knob. 3-way selector switch: rhythm (neck pickup), lead (bridge pickup) or both. It also features a tune-omatic bridge and stop bar tailpeice. It also came with a good quality case as well. The finish is also flawless (flamed top).