Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Price paid: A$ 1850

Purchased from: Dale Cleves Music

The sound is very distinctive from the two Gibson humbuckers. I play many types of music and the guitar is extremly versitile (rock, clasical, metal, blues) Of course the Gibson has a rich and full sound that will fill any room with a bright effect. You can produce massive squealies (pinch harmonics) that sound amazing.

I play all types of music styles including, hard rock as in AC/DC, classical, metal, blues, and I think this guitar is a great match to my playing style. I am fourteen and have been playing since I was 9, so you do the maths. I own a cheap Aston electic, which I just hack around on, and then I have a Cort Acoustic that cost me a fortune! If my Les Paul Studio got stolen I would defently get another one. I love the look of the Alpine white and gold hardware, and the only thing I didn't like about the guitar is the strap buttons, that were brass, but I replaced them. I compared the gibosn to the Yamaha and the Ibanez, but the Gibson came out on the top in all areas. I wish this guitar came with strap locks in the first place, so everyone doesnt't have to replace the crappy brass strap buttons.

I think that the guitar would cope with live playing, as long as you look after it. I am not sure that the gold finish on the pick ups will last all that long, but they look awesome, so that makes up for it. I found it strange that the strap buttons were a brass finish, so it looked strange against the gold hardware. I bought shaller strap lock in the gold finish and they look great. I would depend on this guitar doing gigs without a backup, because it is spectacualar.

The guitar was not all that good with its factory set up, because the strings are way to far from the neck, and to my liking it made it hard to play. The pick ups were perfect from day one, and there were no flaws at all. There was a tiny defect in the back paint work, where the white gloss paint hadnt quite covered the back completey, but now I look at it, I can hardly notice it.

This legendary Gibson was made this year, 2010. It has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard, that look amazing. The body is a maple solid top that is finished with a high gloss white paint. With its tunomatic bridge, it always stayes in tune. There are two Gibson dual humbucker pick ups including a 490R and 498T, and a three way selector. It included a Gibson hard case, with beautiful sort inside.