Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

I would say that this les paul can go anywere from blues to hard rock/ alternative metal, although if you want really heavy metal, you'de be better off with the Les Paul Studio that has no maple top, because it has more of an open growl. If you ask me, using a solid state amp with this guitar or any other Gibson is a disgrace to the name. If you want some really ballsy rock kinda tones (ex:godsmack) I suggest you take the treble pickup cover off. To do this just unscrew the pick up holder and actual pickup and smack the places were the the pickup has been saudered to the metal plate with a screwdriver.

I play modern hard rock, and this suits it great! I've been playing for 5 years (since I was 10) If it was lost or stolen I would definatly buy another one.The only thing that can really make this guitar better is that if it can standerd with duncans and if it had locking tuners!

This guitar is a freckin tank! The chrome hardware will stay in good shape, however if you get the gold hardware, the gold on it will ware off. But I don't really care cause I swapped out my pickups for duncans. Finish looks nice and seems thick and would last a while. But you cannot smoke around this guitar! Something about the finish soaks up smoke and makes the finish look murky and ugly. Smoke damage can be reversed but it is an extremly lengthy, painfulprocess and you should take the precautions of just not smoking around it.

Action is not perfect but pretty decent. Gibson pick-ups are second best in my book, right next to Seymour Duncan. A very nice cut of wood. All in all everything seems in order. You should all wasy look for an older less paul, because the older it is, the more craftsmanship was put into it, and it probably got a better cut of wood.

My personal Les Paul was made in the USA in 1991. It has 23 frets made out of stainless steel. These are the toughest frets I have ever seen! They are 18 years old and probably wont need replacing for another 4 or 5 years! This one has s AA carved maple top over a mahagony body. Also has a mahagony neck. Unfortunatly it does not have locking tuners. this may be the one thing I really dislike about this guitar.