Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: music123

I play mainly punk, rock, and metal. I play a lot of Green Day, as well as guns n roses, velvet revolover, Metallica, yahdi, yahdi yah. many of these musicians in thes named bands us Gibson lp and as such I am able to produce these also with my lp studio paired with a Line 6 spider 3 amp. it's not the best but the lp still roars through it. there is a lot of variety with the notes that can be produced, with the 59 neck it is easy to go from a low base to a high note.

I play, punk, rock and metal, this guitar feels like an extension of me which is how a guitar is supposed to feel. I have played my lp for 9 months and I now barely touch my Strat. When I was buying my guitar I actually wanted the lp classic in wine red howver, for 600 more there was no chance of that. So I changed many things on my guitar and now it looks like a classic except for binding and it has a pickup cover. If it were stolen and I knew 100% I was not getting it back I would buy another les paul straight away. I could not play a day without this amazing guitar. if you too are thinking about buying a les paul www.musiciansfriend.com has a digital guide where you can see all the features on a les paul and see which you want so you will kno which les paul best suits you. Unfortunately Gibson no longer offers the option of designing your own Les Paul Custom oreder as they once did.

This guitar is amazingly durable, while adjusting the pickup I dropped the screwdriver on the body and not a ding in sight, while I do not recommend doing this it will survive an accidental accident. I hardly play Live but yes I would play without a backup. the finish is a nitrocellulose finish which according to Gibson provides better sustain and allows the wood to breathe. compared to a Strat with humbuckers, the noteson the Gibson seem clearer and brighter compared to a slight nasal tone on the Strat. the strap buttons are good but after 4 near run ins with the floor I decided to upgrade to Dunlop strap locks, no drilling required. however the stock strap buttons are good but the way I hold the guitar makes the strap slip off the neck strap button.

I don't Live in the states and so it took 1 1/2 weeks to reach me. I was expecting that I would need to make many adjustments, but the Gibson team pleasantly surprised me. intonation- slight adjustment - tuning was not touched by me for two months, it was perfectly intune. pickups were perfect playing height. the finish covered every inch of the surface and the hardware shone like a mirror.

ok well my Gibson lp studio was made in the USA, 2008. It is a 22 fret guitar. it's body is a mahogany back with a curved maple top. The neck and headstock is one piece of wood. The Les Paul Studio's finsh is wine red chrome ( I mean mine is) but there are many other colours such as white, ebony, fireburst, Heritage cherry and worn brown and cherry. most of these comes with a choice of either gold or chrome hardware.No Les Paul Studio model \has binding:(. however the pickups on the studio are amazing, 490r and 498t alnico 2 pickups. the bridge is a tune o matic with a stop bar tailpiece. The configuration of the bridge allows for easy adjustment to the intonation of the strings. There is a three way toogle Switch to select between pickups or to activate both. if you are into Metallica then by muting on pickup you can use this switch as a killswitch. There are two volume and two tone knobs one set for each pickup. On the studio model there are black or gold speed knobs. however if you are like me and in love with the Les Paul Classic wine red, then you can easily change these knobs to top hat knobs( place cleaning cloth over body and knobs and use a wide flathead screwdriver to pry off) ps I am not responsible for any damages to your guitar by my advice. The Gibson Les Paul Studio also includes a hardshell case, altogether the case and guitar weighs about 16 punds and the guitar seperate about 7 pounds. I think.