Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

I play classic rock and blues and sometimes a bit of metal and it can handle it all pretty well. I'm using it through a Marshall MG (its a shitty amp) and it still sounds great. The pickups are damn near silent compared to my old guitar ( a Squier strat. to be expected I guess). The bridge pickup has a brighter, edgier sound while the neck pickup is more full sounding.

As I said I play classic rock and blue with a bit of metal and this guitar work well. I've been playing for 6 years now and I own a Marshall MG100 and an old Squier so this is definetly an upgrade. If it were stolen I would definetly be on the hunt to find it. But I would not by it again because I've starting playing some strats at GC and am saving up for one. I love the feel of the fretboard on this guitar its nive and smooth also I like how it rarely goes out of tune. But the paint irks me a bit ( I bought the faded series one so it doesn't have any paint its just stained wood.) I compared it to other products in the price range ($700-$900) such as some MIM strats, PRS se's and a few Gretsch's and I chose this becuase it was the best guitar for the money. I wish it had a tremolo bar but aw-well idc that much.

You could definetly play this live, although if your going to be playing hyde Park or Madison square garden you should probably upgrade to a Standard or something. If I took it to a gig I wouldn't bring a back up mainly becuase I can't afford another guitar.

When I got it the action was quite nice, it was all setup great. The pickups were at about the perfect spot, I got real easy pinch harmonics out of it. The only flaw with this guitar was that the strap button was a bit loose but that's an easy fix...

It is an 09' Les Paul Studio made in the USA. It has 22(jumbo I think) frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It has three way Switch and two volume and Two tone controls one for each pickup. And the tone controls actually work unlike some other guitars I've played. This guitar came with a great hardshell case it was specifically made for Les Paul shaped guitars.