Les Paul Studio review by Gibson

Gibson: Les Paul Studio

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I play a little bit of everything. Classic rock, metal, acoustic, punk, blues, and alternative. This guitar is perfect for all of them and more because of the kick-a-s pickups. I have no effects except for on my Marshall MG100HFX full stack (kick-a-s amp) and I hope to get a Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal soon. The Les has warm, full, rich, and round lower notes, balanced mids, and beautiful bright, bounding trebles. This guitar sounds F--kin Superb on clean and the distortion is just f--kin raw! This guitar covers ALL!

This is great for all styles. I have been playing since the Christmas of 2009. Not that long, but I'm pretty good at what I do. I also own a First Act FUEL electric, a Washburn LG1PAK acoustic, My Les, A 10w First Act amp, a 15w Sundown ROVER amp, and a Marshall MG100HFX Full Stack. And soon to be a Dunlop crybaby wah pedal. If it got lost/stolen apparently they were low and needed it more than me, which is sad. I would definitely save up and buy it again. I love everything especially the pickups and finish. I hate nothing about it. I would change nothing, because you can't improve on flawless! I have compared this to "higher" Les Pauls and really if you got a "higher" one, you wasted a shit ton of money that could've been used for an amp and effects. GREATEST GUITAR EVER!

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing and it has with no backup 17 times! The hardware will last about 70 years with perfect care, but mine'll probably last 25 years. I take good care of my baby. The stra buttons were solid but I bought straplocks just to be safe. My hands don't sweat, so my finish doesn't really wear :)

Guitar was perfect! Very impressed with Gibson. I even called them to congratulate and thank them! Action nice and low. Pickups perfect. No loose tuning pegs, or hardware. No fret buzz, just perfection. Some people complain about how something is loose, or broken, but mine came perfect and I am thankful, and I feel sorry for you others.

1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Heritage cherry sunburst in nitrocellulose finish. Made in the usa. Standard 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard backed by mahogany. Mother of pearl trapezoid inlays. Chambered mahogany body with a carved maple top for GREAT sustain. Tune-o-matic Bridge with stopbar tailpiece (they make a great team!). Chrome hardware (gold wears off too easy), Gibson non-locking deluxe green key tuners, Gibson Alnico II magnet 490R humbucker pickup in the neck/rhythm position, and Alnico V magnet 498T humbucker in the bridge/treble position. GREAT pickups! Very versatile. I love them. Standard 3 way selector Switch and 2 volume and 2 tone knobs (a pair for each pickup). Hard case, strap, strings, picks, and polish included.